Whether you call it Bircher Muesli or overnight oats this is a great way to have a quick breakie in the morning.
Find all porridge recipes here.
- 25g oats (a small handful)
- Approx 150ml unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 apple, grated
- A small handful berries
- ½ tbsp mixed seeds and flaked almonds
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Start the night before and place the oats in a bowl. Pour over the milk until it just covers the oats
- The next morning the oats will have become soft and soaked up most of the liquid
- Add a scoop of protein powder if using and a grated apple and stir in. Apple is a great source of soluble fibre and leave the skin on as that's where most of the goodness is.
- Top with your choice of topping I used fresh berries, flaked almonds and mixed seeds. Enjoy!