One of our go to breakfasts are protein smoothie’s. Largely because they are so quick, portable and easy to get a blend of protein, fat, carb. Plus we tend to hide a veg or two in there to start the day on a good note. This one has cauliflower in, but you wouldn’t notice.
The easiest way I have found to add veg to a smoothie is to buy it frozen as then it’s fresh to hand when needed plus adds coldness. Win, win.
This recipe came about as my partner loves a Pina Colada, however I’m not sure even he would reach for one for breakfast…
- 1 scoop of vegan or whey protein powder (if you eat dairy)
- 3-4 florets of frozen cauliflower
- 1 tbsp of coconut cream
- 4 good chunks of fresh pineapple
- Water or coconut milk to taste
- Ice if desired
- A few drops of stevia or your chosen natural sweetener if the pineapple/coconut isn't sweet enough for you
- Start by adding the cauliflower and pineapple to your blender along with enough water or coconut milk to cover it. Blend well until smooth
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again. If you like it thinner add more liquid and less ice. f you want it thicker and your blender can cope use plenty of ice and serve in a bowl to eat with a spoon.
- Repeat for the second or third smoothies if you're making for others