We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and there are countless studies which say eating a healthy breakfast is a good thing.
BUT to put it bluntly sod the studies! Who cares what some researchers found about someone else who may or may not be similar to you.
What really matters?
The only thing which really matters is what works for you. Research and guidelines are useful to a point. They can help with knowing where to start and which might work for you. The only way to know for sure is to try it and monitor how you feel.
– What are your goals? Maybe you want to lose weight, have more energy, complete a race or reduce your stress.
– What is your lifestyle? Maybe you work at home or race out of the house at the crack of dawn.
– What is your body like? Maybe you’re bright and breezy in the morning or maybe you’re a total grouch.
All of these people are going to have different needs and different things that work for them.
What I find
Personally I find that when I start the day right (including a healthy breakfast) the rest of the day goes that little bit smoother. I love my morning routine and even when I have to leave the house early I tweak it to take it ‘on the road’ with me.
The benefits I get include:
– more energy
– less hunger
– less likely to grab a biscuit mid-morning
– more able to cope with what the day has to throw at me
– better digestion
– making better choices throughout the day
– more productive and able to concentrate
Get your FREE starter pack including the Ultimate Breakfast Recipe Book here.