Your free pancake recipe book
This recipe book has 5 recipes for pancakes which are all gluten/dairy/sugar free and suitable for those following the paleo diet.
It’s Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) here in the UK this week. We’d normally celebrate with thin crepe style pancakes with a topping of lemon juice and sugar. Whilst these are delicious if you are looking for a healthier option or one which is gluten, dairy and sugar free, but still delicious, then look no further!
To increase the protein you can add a scoop of your choice of protein powder but would also need a little more milk.
You can enjoy them plain or top with whatever topping you like. Here I’ve sandwiched two pancakes with berries and coconut yoghurt. I tend to have them for breakfast or for a pudding if I want a treat.
You can get this recipe and 4 others in my free pancake recipe book by clicking above.
- 2 Eggs
- 8 tbsps ground almonds (almond meal)
- 6 tbsps non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- Put the eggs into a bowl and beat
- Stir in the ground almonds
- Stir in the almond milk
- Put spoonfuls of the mixture in a hot greased pan. I like to use coconut oil. When bubbles form on the top it's time to turn them over.
- Remove from the pan and serve with your choice of toppings. In the photo they are topped with grated apple, a few berries and a dusting of cinnamon. Yum!
FODMAP// If you are on a low FODMAP diet you should limit your intake of almonds. 20 almonds are high in oligos. If you struggle to tolerate foods high in oligos then you might be better to substitute the ground almonds for ground walnuts in part or whole.
NUTRITION// All nutritional information is approximate, before substations, without toppings and based on one serving.
STORAGE// This recipe is easily doubled and will freeze well.